Update on the current situation for Massage during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic: California has reopened the state and the Pismo Beach Athletic Club is 100% opened including the club’s Spa features of a steam room, dry sauna and Jacuzzi
Hello, Dear Client, my name is Jeffery Bennett Bowers, Owner of SLO Massage Therapy. C.M.T. #82800
I’d like to welcome you as a patient of SLO Massage Therapy for your Pismo Beach Massage experience and thank you for coming to see me for your massage needs. I look forward to working with you and I will do all that I can to achieve the most to help you. The trust and confidence that you will have with me is the most important aspect of this partnership. I see many clients that respond favorably to massage therapy when it comes to maintaining the physical discrepancies that limit the full range of motion of the body or suffering from the many stresses of daily life.
My mission here working inside of the Pismo Beach Athletic Club is to help those who seek injury therapy treatments and to provide recovery goals from physical ailments either from chronic pain or stress relief from daily life,rigid workout routines, workplace ailments, and post surgery scar tissue relief. I’ve been trained in a old school traditional deep tissue style from my lovely mother, Debbie Bowers, who for years was known for the deep tissue treatments here at the PBAC and so be forewarned to speak up if the pressure is not to your liking. I offer several modalities treatments other than deep tissue therapy such as; sports massage, a FIRM Swedish massage, injury therapy, and fire cupping additional to massage treatment
As of 2019, the city of Pismo Beach has gone though changes to regulating the massage industry to protect the community from human trafficking and certified massage therapists are now labeled as massage technicians. To protect myself and you, there are now new rules to follow and procedures to keep.
In order to help you to get the most out of this treatment here are the rules of massage here at SLO Massage Therapy:
- Be on time/Keep your appointments. Being 5 minutes early is better than being 5 minutes late. There is a visitors log and a wavier to sign. Each treatment builds upon the next appointment. Time lost does not effect the time you have scheduled and you will still have to pay the full price for the full amount of the scheduled time.
- Prior to each massage session, the treatment plan will be discussed with you. At your first visit with us you will be asked to sign the treatment consent form stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy and procedures. Clients who I have not seen for at least a year may also be asked to fill out the form. This is for the technician’s safety as much as it is for your safety
- There are no refunds for treatments after the treatment is completed. You have a right to end the massage at anytime if you’re not satisfied and only pay for the time that has transpired. There is no cancellation policy for missing the first appointment but the next appointment booked will be prepaid prior to ensure no shows don’t happen.
- Draping is essential. It is fine if you feel more comfortable wearing clothing but the technician may suggest removing all clothing completely (depending on what you’ve booked or what you’re seeking massage to help with) for a better treatment flow. If underwear is left on, the technician will tuck in the draping for a secure fit and to work on the entirety of the back.
- Do your homework. In many ways what you do at home, at work and at play affects your progress. Please think on what information you can provide that can help with addressing what you are seeking massage treatments for and I can offer suggestions and self-care techniques to support you on the road to your treatment goals.
- As a client , you can ask for accommodations during treatment. I’m happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it. The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort , refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave; the therapy door is never locked from the inside.
- Give it time. As with any medical treatment, healing after a massage is a process, and depending on if deep tissue treatment was involved, soreness is expected. . Over time, deep tissue treatments should improve and be at least sore for less then the normally expected 3 to 4 days, but if necessary, your treatment can be adjusted as we proceed.
HAVE QUESTIONS? Email pismobeachmassage
Reduced Rates for Pismo Beach Athletic Club Members
Inquire during scheduling
*Couples Massages Not Available*